Idea Lab IV: Ideas Meet Reality
This event occurred in the past
Date and Time
Tuesday, December 3, 2013 from 12:15 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice, Rotunda & Theater
Center for Peace and Commerce
Idea Lab IV—Ideas Meet Reality
Hear how last year's Social Innovation Challenge winners' ventures have progressed, and the advice they have for you.
Tuesday December 3, 2013
12:15 p.m. - Lunch in the IPJ Rotunda
12:45 p.m. - 2 p.m. - Program in the IPJ Theater
2 Passport Points
How to attend: Please RSVP
Gain insights on how to answer your five questions for the 2014 $50,000 Social Innovation Challenge. What were last year's great ideas? What have the students done with the seed money? What will they do next? Each winner will present their innovation and progress, and, answer your questions. Explore last year's winning projects.
2013 SIC Winners Presentations:
- Deaf for African Development, Isidore Niyongabo, MA Peace & Justice
- Safe Parking, Teresa Smith, MA Candidate Nonprofit Leadership and Nancy Vera, MA Candidate Nonprofit Leadership and Management
- Roam, Connor Lind, BA/BS Mechanical Engineering Candidate
- Lace Up Stand Up, Chris Barrett, Business Administration; Adriana Kaplan, Business Administration; Negin Mani, Sociology; and Kyle Miller, Business Administration
- Homespun, Grace Michel, MA Candidate Peace & Justice and Andrew Rae, MA Candidate in Nonprofit Leadership and Management
Learn more about the 2014 Social Innovation Challenge at www.sandiego.edu/cpc/sic and start answering your project’s five questions:
- What's your innovation?
- Who gains the most?
- Who pays?
- What is your success?
- How will you do it?
What is an Idea Lab?
The Idea Labs series, organized by the Center for Peace and Commerce in partnership with the Changemaker Hub, is a catalyst for social entrepreneurship and innovation at the University of San Diego. Idea Labs help students generate, refine, and present their ideas for the 2014 $50K Social Innovation Challenge.