Idea Lab IV: Ideas Meet Reality
This event occurred in the past
Date and Time
Thursday, November 29, 2012 from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice Theatre
The Center For Peace and Commerce presents "Idea Lab IV: Ideas Meet Reality," in which the 2012 Social Innovation Challenge winners will present their innovations and answer your questions.
A light lunch will be provided in the Rotunda.
Hear from the winners of last year’s $30,000 Social Innovation Challenge. What were their great ideas? What have they done with the seed money? What will they do next? Each of the 2012 winners will present their innovations and progress using the five questions from this year’s challenge. They will sit down with SIC judges to answer their questions and yours.
2012 SIC Winners Presentations:
- Eat Better Today, Teresa Smith, School of Leadership and Education Sciences
- Aiko and Egor, Casey Hoffman, School of Business Administration
- Farming to End Poverty, Innocent Rugaragu, Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies
- Nutrifort, Kristina James, School of Nursing
- Social Transformation through Mediation, Sharia Walker, Chris Voets and Ana Zamejc, Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies and School of Business Administration
- Performers for Progress, Madeline Vann, Undergraduate Interdisciplinary Humanities
Join us to learn about their projects and gain insights on how to answer your five questions in the 2013 $40,000 Social Innovation Challenge.
Learn more about the 2013 Social Innovation Challenge at www.sandiego.edu/cpc/sic and start answering your project’s five questions:
- What's your innovation?
- Who gains the most?
- Who pays?
- What is your success?
- How will you do it?