Zipcar is car-sharing, an alternative to car ownership that gives you wheels when you want them.
Need a car? Borrow a Zipcar! USD has partnered with Zipcar to bring self-service, on-demand car sharing to USD. To use Zipcars, simply register as a member, reserve a car online or by phone, use your Zipcard to enter the car, and drive away. When you’re done, return the car to the same location where you picked it up.* Once your online application is approved you should receive your Zipcard in the mail within 5 to 7 business days.
As a Zipcar member you get:
- Access to Zipcars 24/7. USD cars live right on campus!
- Self-service and on-demand cars with the keys inside!
- Discounted hourly rates for faculty, staff and students age 18 and older
- Gas, insurance, maintenance and 180 miles per day are included for free in every reservation!
- All members may now rent Zipcars anywhere in the world!
- Learn more and get started
Need more information?
- Is car sharing for me?
- Zipcar rules
- Zipcar on Facebook - like their page to receive news about special promotions and contests!
Zipcars are located behind the University Center in the north parking lot and along San Dimas Way (the road that leads to the Valley housing area).