How Do I Apply?
First, begin the Common Application.
Visit www.commonapp.org to create a free user account. In order for your application to be considered complete, you must answer the accompanying USD Member Questions. To help you prepare for this portion, we've provided the short answer prompts for you below. Please note that you must answer each prompt in 20-150 words.
- All Applicants:
- How does USD stand out among all of the other colleges to which you are applying?
- First-Year Applicants Only:
- As a Changemaker Campus, USD promotes entrepreneurship, collaboration and innovation for positive social change. Briefly describe how your past activities or work experiences will enhance this community.
- Transfer Applicants Only:
- How will USD help enhance your educational and professional goals beyond what your current institution currently offers?
Next, review our Application Checklist and Deadlines.
If you are a transfer student or international student, review the additional requirements that may apply to you, such as minimum GPA requirements and English language proficiency exams.
Lastly, submit your application.
Make sure that your application and all accompanying materials are submitted by the appropriate deadline.
If you will be applying for need-based financial aid, begin the Free Application for Federal Student Aid by visiting www.fafsa.gov. The 2016-2017 FAFSA will go live on January 1, 2016 and should be submitted to USD by the priority deadline of March 2, 2016. We highly recommend that you submit the FAFSA as early as you can using tax estimates from the previous year.