International applicants must make sure all of the following materials are sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions for their application to be reviewed:
1. The completed application for Graduate Admission. Please be consistent in your name and underline the family name that you use.
2. The application fee of $45, ($80 for School of Business programs). If writing a check, the check should be made payable to the University of San Diego.
3. Transcript Evaluation is required. Applicants must have their transcripts evaluated by World Education Services, Inc. (WES). A Course-by-Course Report from WES must be submitted with your application. Once all required documentation has been submitted to WES, an evaluation can take as little as seven days.
World Education Services (WES)
P.O. Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274, U.S.A.
4. TOEFL or IELTS is required for all international applicants. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is mandatory and can only be waived if English is your primary language or you have obtained a bachelor degree from the U.S., Great Britain, Canada or Australia. Other exceptions can be made on a case by case basis.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
P.O. Box 6151
Princeton, NJ 08541-6151
Phone: (609) 771-7100, Fax: (609) 771-7500
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
825 Colorado Boulevard, Suite 112
Los Angeles, CA 90041
Phone: (323) 255-2771
5. Letters of recommendation from professors familiar with the applicant's scholarly work or from professional supervisors who have had experience in a graduate program and who can provide information regarding the applicant's potential for success as a graduate student. Two professional letters of recommendation are required for programs within the School of Business and certain programs within the School of Leadership and Education Sciences. Please refer to the department web pages for specific information.
6. Current resume.
7. Personal statement, research interest statements and/or essays. Please check the department Web site for specific statement requirements.
8. Standardized admission test scores when required by department.
Please send all application materials to:
University of San Diego
Office of Graduate Admissions
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA 92110-2492
Phone: (619) 260-4524, Fax (619) 260-4158