Note that certain programs may have additional requirements that are not listed below. Please reference the department for specific admission criteria. International applicants are required to submit additional materials.
- Completed Application — Applicants must complete and submit the Graduate Admissions application online.
- Application Fee — There is an application fee of $45 ($80 for School of Business programs). The application fee is submitted online during the application process.
- Transcript and Credential Evaluations — An evaluation of coursework completed at institutions outside of the United States is required. Applicants must have their transcripts evaluated by World Education Services, Inc. (WES). A course-by-course report from WES must be submitted with your application. Once all required documentation has been submitted to WES, an evaluation can take as little as seven days.
- English Language Exam — The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is mandatory for all applicants educated outside the United States. The test can be waived if English is your primary language or you have obtained a bachelor degree from the U.S., Great Britain, Canada or Australia. Other exceptions can be made on a case by case basis.
The School of Business requires a score of 92 on the TOEFL. The Master of Arts in International Relations program requires a score of 90 on the TOEFL.
- Letters of Recommendation — Letters should be from professors familiar with the applicant's scholarly work or from professional supervisors who have had experience in a graduate program and who can provide information regarding the applicant's potential for success as a graduate student. Generally, two to three letters of recommendation are required. Please refer to the program web pages for specific information.
- Current Resume — Applicants will submit a resume detailing one’s employment and/or educational experience.
- Personal Statement, Statement of Purpose and/or Essays — Please check the school, college, and/or department website for specific requirements.
College of Arts and Sciences
School of Business
School of Leadership and Education Sciences
Hahn School of Nursing
Kroc School of Peace Studies
Professional and Continuing Education
Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering
- Standardized Test Scores — Applicants will need to provide scores for tests applicable to the program, such as the GRE or GMAT (not all programs require a standardized test). Please check the department website for standardized testing requirements.
- Send transcripts and additional application materials to:
University of San Diego
Office of Graduate Admission
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA 92110-2492