Jane Georges, PhD, is a native of San Diego County. She has been at USD since 1996 and is committed to advancing nursing in the community she loves. In conjunction with her research and philosophical scholarship, Dr. Georges serves as chairperson of the University's Institutional Review Board (IRB.) In this capacity, Dr. Georges has taken a leadership role in ensuring that the research done at the University of San Diego reflects the highest standard of ethical commitment, congruent with the university’s mission.
- PhD, University of Washington, Nursing Science
- MS, University of California at San Francisco, Nursing
- BS, University of California at San Francisco, Nursing
- BA, Santa Clara University, Humanities
- Georges, J. (2013). An emancipatory theory of compassion for nursing. Advances in Nursing Science, 36(1), 2-9.
- Georges, J.M., Gonzales, L., Aube, P., Connelly, C. (2013). A research collaboration between a Catholic university school of nursing and healthcare system: process and model. Journal of Catholic Higher Education, 32(2): 249-263.